The Department of Economics of the University of Western Macedonia, in cooperation with the Quality Assurance Unit (MODIP) and the relevant services of the University has harmonized the quality policy of its Department with the quality policy of the Foundation and focuses on continuous improvement of the quality of the study program, of educational, research and administrative work.
The Security Policy of the Department is made public and disseminated to its members involved, shaped, changed, improved and adapted to current conditions and requirements, and is constantly fed with the active participation of all members of the Department (teaching staff, students, administrative staff).
The Department is committed to the implementation of quality policy which supports the academic physiognomy and orientation of the curriculum, promotes its purpose and object, sets, implements and monitors quality objectives, determines the means, actions and ways to achieve them, and implements the appropriate internal and external quality procedures with the ultimate goal of its continuous improvement.
In particular, the implementation of the quality policy of the Department of Economics presupposes the implementation of quality procedures which ensure:
• the appropriateness of the structure and organization of the curriculum, in order to respond to the developments of economics.
• the pursuit of learning outcomes and qualifications in accordance with the European and National Higher Education Qualifications Framework,
• the connection of the Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs’ content with the demands of the labor market and society
• The connection of the content of the Doctoral Program with the demands of the labor market and society
• promoting the quality and effectiveness of the teaching work,
• the suitability of the qualifications of the teaching staff,
• promoting the quality and quantity of the research work of the members of the academic unit,
• the ways in which teaching is linked to research,
• the improvement of the quality of services that support the educational process, such as administrative services, library, computer center and generally the provision of electronic services to faculty members, trainees and administrative services.
• the annual internal evaluation of the undergraduate and postgraduate study programs within the Internal Quality Assurance System (ESDP) in collaboration with the Department’s Internal Evaluation Team (OMEA) and the University’s Quality assurance unit (MODIP).
• the external certification of undergraduate and postgraduate study programs by the National Higher Education Authority (ΕΤΗΑΑΕ)